Mental Projectile Vomiting

I'm not a young man. But I'm not an old man.

I'm not fat. But I don't have large arms, big chest, and a six pack stomach.

I'm not a total introvert. But I'm a very difficult person to really get to know.

I look at myself in the mirror and see many things that I love. I also see many things I don't much care for.

I've been given words of advice from all corners of my life that I don't know how to incorporate into my life. I know them in my soul to be true ... the words were honest and real and on point. I just don't know how to make this work.

I've been given very negative input that cut me to the core. But that isn't the part that hurts the most. What hurts the most is that he doesn't give a frak about my feelings. Because if he did, there would have been better ways to impart the input. Or, you know, he could have simply stepped away. That would have been less painful.

I'm not perfect. But I am perfectly me. I deserve the life of one who is perfectly imperfect.

Comments

Popular Posts