My Final Farewell


John J. Johnson                                                  3:23 PM (9 hours ago)
to me 
You can't pick and choose when you allow people in your life Robbie.
We're only friends or have a history when it's convenient for you or you need something or you're drunk. Over it.
So I'm blocking you from all Internet sources. Please don't contact me again and best of luck to you and Eric.

John 
Dearest John,

Never in the past 14 years of knowing you have I ever thought you a selfish, thoughtless, heartless asshole. With the help of this email from you today, and upon reflection of our history and your histrionics and advise from friends, I have finally seen the light.

I am finished defending you. I am finished considering your my friend, as someone like Tracey or Sparky or Tony or Starnard that I can rely on whenever for whatever. Because, even through all the shit you have put me through, I have always considered you a friend and I have always been there for you whenever you needed me.

I have apparently, catastrophically misjudged you.

I reached out to you not only as my friend but also as the divorced "parent" of my fuzzy children. And when I had to make the self-destroying decision to euthanize Zeus, I reached out to you as a courtesy, thinking that you would want to hear the story from me, personally, for any closure you might need. Trust me, I don't need your emotional support or pity.

But, hey, this is how you want to play it? So be it. You're done? So am I.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your life in the company of the only person you have ever truly loved - yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts