I'm Not Okay

I had a friend look at me honestly tonight, through the bullshit I put up, and ask me if I was okay. And I lied. I said, "Yeah, I'm okay." And he said, "Okay. Just checking."

I'm sure he could see through my crap. I'm sure he could see I'm not okay. He's kind of in tune with me that way, even though we haven't seen each other in a while. He's kind of like my best friend that way. In fact, other than my best friend, he's the only person who can see through my lies to the truth and call me out on it. But tonight, he let it slide.

And I'm glad he did. I want to be not okay tonight. I want to feel the way I'm feeling without judgement. And I want the company of someone who can understand that and still want to spend time with me.

Thank you, Mickey. I adore you so much because you just know me and accept that without question or judgement.

Comments

Popular Posts