Dear Future Husband...

...we aren't strangers to this. We've lived lifetimes of elation, disappointment, and heartache. All of those experiences have lead us to this moment, you and I.

We live in this perception that a joining of lives means "two become one", but that's not really true. We don't lose ourselves in the act of marriage. We simply enrich our lives by knowing that there will be someone else there, day in and day out, to help carry the load and enjoy the successes. That's what I look forward with you. You are the one with whom I want to wake every morning and fall asleep each night, the one with whom I can laugh and cry, the one I can comfort and who can comfort me, the one with whom I am willing to stay until the end.

I can't promise you happiness nor can I promise an easy road. We're both too strong to accept such Harlequin fantasies. But I can make a promise to you.

And this promise I make to you: to love you without measure, to support you without limit, to be honest with you when a lie is more convenient, to be loyal and faithful when all others have forsaken you.

You are mine. There is no other for me. For this gift, I thank you. I will do my best to honor your gift for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts