To Cameron Hernandez

Here is my problem with you. You took my future from me. And you manipulated me in a way that it ended up being my fault... even though you'd been planning to leave me for months.

But I remained your friend. And I tried to make things right and get back together with you. I wanted you. I saw my life with you, in spite of everything.

But you pushed me aside for someone else. And that was fine, in the end. I can admit defeat. I even found someone for my own.

Yet you still couldn't grant me happiness. You couldn't find it in yourself to find some middle ground with my new guy the way I was able to find with yours.

Even with the two of you at war, I did my best to keep my friendship with you and my relationship with him. But that couldn't happen. I couldn't have it both ways. I needed you to bend. I needed you to make nice with him. And you couldn't.

That's what destroyed our relationship. Your lack of compromise.

Do you want to know why you aren't a part of my life anymore? Do you want to know why I don't recognize you in public anymore? That's why. Because you couldn't be a friend when you needed to be a friend.

Are you dead to me? I'd say you're a zombie. Maybe you could be brought back from the dead, but I don't know.

Comments

Popular Posts